Wednesday 9 August 2017

Lift Me Up Cloud Nine Birthday Card


I was playing with backgrounds, the new glossy (Some say returning but I didn't get any before) card and the Embossing Paste. It was a bonus it was my Brother-In-Laws birthday (actually both of them but you will see Pauls card  next week) and I needed a bloke card!
 
 

For this card I started with the glossy card then Versa Marked the balloons and clouds straight onto the white card. I did let it dry a little but the YouTube videos I have seen say that you don't really need to. What I did find is that the sponge takes the versa Mark off so the sponge brayer was heaps better. I used 3 different blue inks to give sky variation.
I had the background ready then started another project (mmm I have so many UFO's) with the Embossing Paste and thought why not add more 'fluffy' clouds!


So here it is again a bit closer - didn't hear from the BIL so not sure if he liked it but I know I had fun making it and my hubby thought it was cool!



 You will need these items as well as your card stock - I have used Basic Black and Crushed Curry then built from there. The balloon is coloured with bits from my scrap bucket. I used Memento for my sentiment and you need to let it dry a little longer than normal.



Courtenay

Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment